TRANSFER'S, PPT'S, & CA AW'S
FIREARMS TRANSFER'S, AMMUNITION TRANSFERS, PRIVATE PARTY TRANSFERS
DEALER TO DEALER FIREARMS TRANSFER FEES*
$85.00 FOR THE FIRST FIREARM OR STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER*
$50.00 EACH ADDITIONAL FIREARM OR STRIPPED LOWER MAXIMUM OF 3 GUNS OR STRIPPED LOWERS OR ANY COMBINATION OF LONG GUNS AND LOWERS FROM THE SAME SHIPMENT.
$37.19 CALIFORNIA DROS (DEALER RECORD OF SALE) MANDATORY STATE FEE (ADDITIONAL COST).
*All prices listed are CASH ONLY. If not paying cash the transfer fee is $95.00. Additional firearms $50.00 each; DROS fee $37.19.
*If sales tax has not been collected by transferring vendor, sales tax will need to be collected on the transaction (the firearm, transfer fee, and shipping).
*If the transfer consists of more than one handgun or semi-auto centerfire rifle the transfer fee is $85.00 per firearm. Due to California DOJ BOF new regulation that you are only eligible to purchase one centerfire rifle or one semi auto handgun every 30 days. Click here for more information on senate bill no. 61 If transferring multiple firearms that fall into the 1 in 30 rule (semi-auto pistols, revolvers, semi-auto centerfire rifles) We will assess a $10.00 per day storage fee.
PRIVATE TRANSFERS, INTRAFAMILIAL TRANSFERS, TRANSFERS FROM NON-FFL HOLDERS
CALIFORNIA PPT TRANSFERS (PRIVATE PARTY TRANSFERS):
- All ppt transactions are temporarily by appointment only. Please contact us to set up an appointment.
- As of December 21, 2016, we are no longer able to ppt bullet button firearms, AR/AK style pistols per the California DOJ.
- Featureless rifles are ok.
- Registered assault weapons cannot be transferred.
- Ppt (private party transfers): $47.19 per ppt transaction ($37.19 California fees inc. DROS + $10.00 dealer fee)
- Ppt fee is cash only no exceptions.
- $10.00 per additional firearm on the same transaction
- Both the buyer and the seller need to have valid & current driver license or identification card. If the buyer or sellers’ identification is not a real ID and has “Federal Limits Apply” you will need to supply your valid/not expired passport or birth certificate.
- Buyer will also need valid and current FSC card, valid and current secondary proof of residency if purchasing a handgun. Without the paperwork needed we are unable to assist with the ppt. Here is more information on purchasing requirements.
OUT OF STATE PRIVATE & INTRAFAMILIAL TRANSFER FEE $125.00, PLUS $37.19 CA DOJ DROS FEE NOT INCLUDED*
*All prices listed are CASH ONLY. If not paying cash the transfer fee is $150.00 PLUS $37.19 CA DOJ DROS fee.
- You must transfer the firearm via a registered, current FFL dealer, and that FFL dealer will need to contact us for details on how to transfer, and what is required. Any firearm transferred from a non-FFL holder will be sent back.
- Private transfers are obligated to pay sales tax in ca. (intrafamilial gifted firearms out of state transfers are exempt)
AMMUNITION TRANSFER FEE'S & INSTRUCTIONS
These fees are only applicable for transferred in Ammunition purchases from other vendors. These fees are not for Ammunition we stock & sell. For pricing & availability on ammunition that Addax tactical sells or for any questions regarding Ammunition transfers please call us 818-361-5008 or email us.
AMMO TRANSFERRED IN FROM OUTSIDE VENDOR(S)*
- UP TO 5000 ROUNDS: $45.00+tax (Cash) $55.00+tax (Credit/Debit)
- 5000-10000 ROUNDS: $65.00+tax (Cash) $75.00+tax (Credit/Debit)
- GREATER THAN 10000 **PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A CUSTOM QUOTE**
- 10.25% CITY OF SAN FERNANDO SALES TAX MUST BE COLLECTED ON THE INVOICED PRICE. ONLY IF THE SELLING VENDOR HAS NOT ALREADY COLLECTED SALES TAX.
- CA DOJ Ammunition background check fee $1.00.
IN-STORE FACE TO FACE PRIVATE PARTY AMMO TRANSFERS
- $5.00 (CASH ONLY) (NO SALES TAX COLLECTED)
- PRIVATE PARTY TRANSFERS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT.
*All transferred in order must be collected within 5 business days (Tue-Sat). We will charge a $10.00 per day/per individual box of ammunition storage fee starting on the 6th day. Any orders not picked up by the 15th day will be considered abandoned to cover any storage expenses.
*All transferred in orders must come with an ORIGINAL vendor invoice (PLEASE FORWARD THE INVOICE TO [email protected] AFTER YOU HAVE MADE YOUR PURCHASE SO THAT WE CAN BETTER ASSIST AT THE TIME OF PICK UP. If no invoice is supplied, we will charge Sales Tax on the full MSRP of the ammunition purchased. No combining multiple shipments from other vendors, no combining multiple invoices. Each invoiced order will be charged a separate ammunition transfer fee. Not responsible for lost or damaged items. Please stand by for a call from Addax Tactical before coming in to pick up.
- Addax tactical will assess $10.00 per day storage starting after the 30th day of storage.
- Any firearms or products not picked up within 120 days from our receiving the firearm(s) will be considered abandoned and these will be re-sold to cover storage, business, and administrative expenses.
- These fees are non-negotiable
CALIFORNIA REGISTERED ASSAULT WEAPONS
- Addax tactical is an authorized California dangerous weapons dealer. We sell, transfer in, manufacture and service firearms for law enforcement personnel (authorized duty weapons), and agency/departments.
- Addax tactical can also service most California registered assault weapons. These services are general gunsmithing, repairs and cleaning. We are not authorized, and it is illegal for us to change the registered configuration of your California registered assault weapon(s) per the California department of justice, unless you un-register your California assault weapon with the ca DOJ and you want to go featureless or move out of state.
- Addax tactical can also assist you selling or shipping your registered assault weapon out of state (please contact us for more details on how we can assist you).
- Addax tactical can also assist you with law enforcement pick up of confiscated firearms or assault weapons and help to sell them or ship them out of state. Please contact us for more details regarding these services and pricing.
- Any customers or law enforcement officers / departments who want to bring in their California registered assault weapon(s) for services, will need to contact addax tactical to set up an appointment. Please contact us via email: [email protected].
- A copy of the California registered assault weapons paperwork is required for each registered assault weapon/firearm being dropped off for services. The original registered owner can only drop off and pick up their registered assault weapons.
- Please contact us at [email protected] for further details, and if you have any questions.
- All transfer and DROS fees are non-refundable, & all fees will need be collected prior to any release of any firearms. Prices subject to change at any time.
- Please note for dealer transfers, it is the customers responsibility to ensure that the dealer you are working with does supply the necessary paperwork, invoice(s), California CFLC number, and a signed valid copy of their FFL license, plus the sales invoice-receipt of the firearm(s)
- We cannot process your transfer and DROS of your transferred firearm until we have all the required and necessary information. We are not responsible for delays caused by your selling dealer not providing the necessary paperwork to us.
- Handguns need to be on the approved roster of handguns with the California DOJ, or an approved C&R based on the BATF C&R list. (Law enforcement are exempt from this requirement). Click here for handgun certified for sale in California. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the handgun being transferred in is on the CA Roster of approved handguns.
- Please note as of December 21st, 2016, we can no longer accept any transfers of bullet button type firearms. Firearms shipped to us must be made featureless-California compliant.
- Any firearms shipped to us that is not featureless or California compliant will be shipped back to the shipping FFL dealer at your expense for shipping costs, plus a $65.00 handling fee. No exceptions!
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the out of state FFL dealer makes 100% sure that the firearm is California compliant prior to shipping.
- Due to the large number of transfers arriving daily please allow at least 48 hours for a call from addax tactical confirming that the firearm transferred in is ready for you to come in so we can process your ca DROS and fill out the necessary paperwork.
- We can no longer accept bullet button type configuration rifles.
- We can accept featureless firearms that are featureless that have a fixed stock, monsterman grip, kydex grip wrap, or various approved fin grips that eliminates the pistol grip functionality, or pistol grip removed, and a compensator installed. No forward grips are allowed on featureless rifles.
- We will not accept or release the transfer of parts such as pistol grips, high-capacity magazines, flash suppressors or collapsible stocks in your featureless transfer.
- We can accept stripped lower receivers, and these will be noted as featureless on your DROS.
- We will contact you as soon as we are ready to DROS your transfer. Please do not show up 10 minutes after ups has dropped off the firearms expecting to DROS. We need time to check in the firearm(s), complete our inbound bookkeeping before we can just DROS your transfer. You will be turned away.
- DROS and paperwork cannot be started until the firearm(s) arrive.
- The sending / transferring FFL or private party needs to contact us directly, and coordinate with us directly. We will not give out our FFL license except to another FFL dealer.
- An itemized purchase invoice must be sent with your transfer for CA BOE tax purposes.
- The sending / transferring FFL must be willing to comply with the CA DOJ CFLC program.
**if we receive a firearm without the CA DOJ CFLC number from the sending dealer, the firearm cannot be accepted until a number is provided or the firearm will be returned to the sender promptly at the customer’s expense. **non-FFL holders/private parties sending firearms into California are exempted from the CFLC program.
- Any long gun being transferred in, must follow California firearms laws, and federal firearms laws, or made compliant prior to being able to run the DROS.
- No high-capacity magazine, magazine parts kit, or parts that are shipped with a featureless firearm that would make it into an assault weapon will be released to the customer.
- For all handgun transfers, the buyer needs to make sure that the firearm you are transferring is listed by exact model number and that the caliber and barrel length match the descriptions on the certified list. If the handgun is not on the list, we will not be able to run the CA DROS, and you will be charged the full transfer fee, plus return shipping costs for us to send back the handgun to the original FFL.
- The buyer must be the same person registering.
- All information provided by the customer must be 100% accurate and truthful. If not, the buyer/person registering will be liable for any legal and financial damages.
IT IS THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY TO CLEARLY UNDERSTAND CALIFORNIA AND FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS AND RESTRICTIONS. CLICK HERE FOR BUREAU OF FIREARMS | STATE OF CALIFORNIA - DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE - OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL & FIREARMS | BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES (ATF.GOV)
WE APPRECIATE THAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN ADDAX TACTICAL TO FACILITATE YOUR TRANSFER NEEDS! WE HOPE TO ASSIST YOU SOON!
Proposition 65 Warning: These products can expose you to chemicals including (Lead), which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov